"I have worked with Vaso and the Run Italy staff, and have enjoyed their organization, interesting insights and fun tours. I endorse this tour and look forward to running together and solving running problems."
Come & Enjoy "Run Italy" with our
Special Guest & your Coach, Jeff Galloway.
Olympian Jeff Galloway ran with Steve Prefontaine, Bill Rodgers, Frank Shorter, Amby Burfoot when the US was a leading power in marathoning.
He has become the nation's leading running coach and author
(over one million books sold and over 250,000 runners coached).
He has a monthly page in the world's leading running publication
Galloway training programs are in over 80 cities, and Jeff individually advises an average of 100 runners/walkers a day through ecoaching, running retreats and fitness schools.
Through several unique training elements, his method has reduced injury risk, aches, and pains to almost zero.
He wants you to enjoy running until you're 100 which is the title of his recent popular book.
- US Olympian, 1972, 10,000 meters
(also an alternate on the marathon team)
- Author of North America’s best selling running book: Galloway’s Book on Running
- Runner’s World monthly columnist
- Founder of Galloway Training Program (groups in over 80 locations).
- Director of Atlanta’s Kaiser. Permanante Corporate Run/Walk: 15,000 participants
- Spokesperson/Training Director of the Marathon To Fight Breast Cancer (over 8000 in first year)
- Official Training Consultant for the Walt Disney Endurance Series
- Currently runs 6 days a week, 7-8 marathons a year (has completed over 175 marathons)
- Founder of Phidippides—the nation's first exclusively running store
High School: Westminster Schools, Atlanta GA. Won Georgia State Two-mile Championship.
University: Wesleyan University, Middletown CT. College Div. All-American. Teammates were Amby Burfoot and Bill Rodgers.
Graduate School: Florida State University, A founding member of the Florida Track Club with Jack Bacheler and Frank Shorter.
US Navy 1966-1970, served aboard USS Platte off Vietnam for first tour and XO of USS Impervious second tour
Olympian Jeff Galloway has competed against the world’s best athletes in Europe, Africa and the former Soviet Union. He broke the US 10-mile record (47:49) in 1973 and has a six-mile best of 27:21. Among his victories are the Peachtree Road Race, Honolulu Marathon, Atlanta Marathon and top place finisher in many of the prominent US races such as 5th and 7th in the Boston Marathon (the 1996 edition being his 100th marathon).
Other Significant Experiences: Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games. As a member of the Medical and Health Committee, Galloway has designed a heritage program for the schools, which brings Olympic excitement into daily fitness, learning and fun.
Corporate clinics to NASA astronauts, vice-president Al Gore, the White House Athletic Club, West Point, STRATCOM, NORAD, NORTHCOM, Microsoft, Petro Canada, Cox enterprises, Homeland Security, and many other major North American Corporations.